Bring out the best of America
If you’re willing to share the skills and experience you have gained through a lifetime of living, come join us. Become a United Way RSVP member today!
United Way Retired & Senior Volunteer Program is changing the image of older adults. RSVP is America’s largest volunteer network for people age 55 and over. Consisting of over 200,000 volunteers throughout the country, RSVP members tackle tough issues in their community. RSVP offers a full range of volunteer opportunities specialized for older and more experienced adults. When you join RSVP, you will have a chance to learn new skills, utilize the skills you already have and become involved in activities that will benefit your local community. Volunteer opportunities are available in Lake, LaPorte, Porter and Starke counties.
Who can join United Way RSVP?
- Seniors 55 and older
- Seniors who have a genuine desire to make a difference in their community
- Seniors who have few (or many) hours to give
More about the experience:
- Winter 2023 newsletter
- Fall 2022 newsletter
- Spring 2022 newsletter
- Fall 2021 newsletter
- Summer 2021 newsletter
- Spring 2021 newsletter
- FREE Membership
- FREE volunteer placement
- Flexible hours – volunteer on your own time
- Opportunity to learn or share a talent
- Meet new people
- Training from the organization where you serve
- Supplemental liability insurance
- Limited mileage reimbursement while volunteering*
- Social, Educational & Recognition events throughout the year
*For approved stations & volunteer assignments only.
What can you find United Way RSVP volunteers doing?
- Assisting at Hospitals, Food Banks, Shelters, Hospice, Nutrition Sites, V.A. Clinics, Civic Centers and Day Care Centers
- Working with after school programs for children, teenagers and young adults
- Knitting, crocheting & sewing
- Tax Preparation for low-income households and seniors
- Office Administration
- Helping to provide serves for the needy and most vulnerable.
- Answer and direct calls for your station
- And, much more…….
We can match your abilities, skills and interests to one of our various stations!
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or religion.
If you have questions, contact Evelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219.464.3583 ext. 127.
Interested in becoming an RSVP Station?
RSVP members are stationed at RSVP stations throughout a 4-county area. These stations are places where members volunteer their time and talents. A station can be any nonprofit or business that uses volunteers to tackle hard issues such as hunger, health care, domestic violence, economic opportunity, education, veterans and military family support services. RSVP Stations receive the following program benefits:
- FREE Membership
- FREE Volunteer placement
- FREE Volunteer Management Training
- No pressure to keep a volunteer who doesn’t work out.
- Social, educational and recognition events throughout the year for not only the RSVP member but station supervisors.
- Another benefit for current volunteers who are part of your agency
- And, so much more.
Interested in being a United Way RSVP Station? Email email@example.com or call 219.464.3583.
Current United Way RSVP Stations
- Adam Benjamin VA Clinic
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Banta Senior Center
- Bonner Senior Center
- Campagna Academy
- Community Services of Starke County
- First Presbyterian Resale Shop
- Food Bank of Northwest Indiana
- Habitat for Humanity
- Helping Hands Food Pantry
- Greater Hammond Community Services
- Lake County Sheriff’s Department
- Meals on Wheels of LaPorte City
- Meals on Wheels of Michigan City
- Meals on Wheels Northwest Indiana
- Memorial Opera House
- Michigan City Senior Center
- Portage Township Dept. of Parks and Recreation
- Portage Township YMCA
- Portage Township Food Pantry
- Porter County Aging & Community Services (PCACS)
- Sacred Heart Food Pantry at St. Mary’s
- Salvation Army – LaPorte
- Sojourner Truth House
- St. Agnes Adult Day Service Center
- United Way Northwest Indiana
- VNA Porter County – Meals on Wheels, Hospice & Lifeline
- Westchester Public Library