How to apply to AmeriCorps
Review the application instructions below before clicking the Apply Here! button at the bottom to apply. See the video instructions. Use passcode @51*HeD0 to access.
Creating and filling out your application
- On the program application page, click another Apply Here! button in the center of the page to create an account in the system. You will need an active email address in order to complete this step of the process.
- In the main menu on the left-hand side, click the Applicant Home link at the top of the list. This will switch the main menu to a new list of options. Click the second link in this list – Applications – to move forward in the process.
- On this page, you’ll need to click the Create Application button on the far right to continue. The application has eight steps. The last step is the references section. Fill out every section.
- The application asks for your full 9-digit zip code in multiple places. If you do not know your full 9-digit zip code, click here to find it.
- If the application gives you an error, it’s usually a mistyped mailing or email address or a section has not been completed. Re-read the instructions to resolve any issues.
- For the Reference Section, you must add the contact information for your references to the application prior to finishing this section. Your references will be sent an email from AmeriCorps asking them to add their recommendation of you to the application. Note: Your reference recommendations do not have to be submitted by the recommender prior to your initial application submission to United Way of Porter County.
- Make sure the application is complete where all of the boxes above the application are checked. You can verify completion by going to the application tab on the left (leaving the application screen) and then viewing “Application 1” where it will say “Complete” or “Incomplete” next to the application hyperlink on the right.
Applying to United Way of Porter County AmeriCorps Program
- Once you have completed the tasks above, you will now submit the application to the United Way of Porter County AmeriCorps program. Click Applicant Home again on the left-hand side of the page. A new menu should appear with the option called Search Listings.
Select Search Listings. In the middle of the page, look for this box:
- The Program Type is “AmeriCorps State/National” and our organization is “United Way of Porter County”. Please select one of the United Way of Porter County AmeriCorps Service Positions either dated 05/14/2021-10/15/2021 (full-time) or 5/14/2021-05/21/2022 (part-time) listing to apply.
- Once you have completed the submission process, email Maddie Grimm, United Way AmeriCorps Program Director, for verification and to set up an interview.
CLICK A BUTTON BELOW TO GET STARTED!Full Time Application Part Time Application
This material is based upon work supported by the Corporation for National and Community Service under AmeriCorps Grant No. 18AFHIN0010007. Opinions or points of view expressed in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of, or a position that is endorsed by, the Corporation or the AmeriCorps program. Download the grievance procedures for sites and members.
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, genetic information and military service.