Bring out the best of America
Come join AmeriCorps! It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others by meeting critical needs in the community while gaining new skills and experiences that last a lifetime.
Each year, the AmeriCorps program offers a variety of experiences and activities in Northwest Indiana. Members receive a modest living stipend during their terms. Full-time members who serve 1,700 hours can also receive health insurance benefits and potentially childcare benefits. Members can serve in Lake, LaPorte, Marshall and Porter counties.
In addition, members who complete their service earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award to pay for college, graduate school or to pay back qualified student loans. Members ages 55+ can donate their education award to their children, grandchildren and foster children. Loan forbearance is also available to AmeriCorps members during their service term.
Whether your service makes our community safer, gives a child a second chance or support area nonprofits, you’ll help get things done through AmeriCorps!
- Dunebrook-AmeriCorps Public Education Assistant Position- 1700 hour (Michigan City)
- Dunebrook-AmeriCorps Volunteer Recruitment/Administrative Support Assistant- 1700 hour (Michigan City)
- Food Bank of Northwest Indiana- Volunteer Strategist- AmeriCorps Member 1700 Hour (Merrillville)
- PATH-LivTrue Mentor Coordinator & Social Media Assistant AmeriCorps Member- 1700 (Portage)
- Part-time School Mentor 1200 hour-300 hour (Valparaiso, Portage, and/or Gary)
- Full-time School Mentor 1700 hour (Valparaiso and Portage)
- United Way NWI Community Navigator 1700 hour- 300 hour (Porter, Lake, Newton, and/or Starke County)
- Exploradoor 450 hour (virtual)
For more information or if you have questions, contact Rebecca Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org.